We offer the following septic tank services:
- Septic and holding tank cleaning
- Available 24/7 for emergencies
- System repairs
- Filter installation and cleaning
- Inspection, repairs and risers
- Reminder to ensure an adequate cleaning schedule
- Rarely an answering machine when you call
A few tips to ensure the proper functioning of your septic system:
- Roof drains must not be discharged into the system and surface waters must not drain towards the leaching bed.
- Non-biodegradable products may cause problems in the long term.
- The tank should be pumped out when necessary. Depending on the number of people living in the house, the following time intervals are suggested between cleanings:
- 1 to 2 people: 5-6 years
- 2 to 4 people: 3-4 years
- 4 to 6 people: 2 years
- No vehicle, including snowmobiles and four wheelers, should be allowed over the system.
- No shrubs or trees should be planted over the leaching bed. Good ventilation and adequate sunlight must be maintained.
- Holding tanks hold the sewage until it can be pumped out. They must be equipped with a visual or audible alarm system (preferably both) which is set to trigger with sufficient capacity left in the tank until the pump out truck arrives.